Today's my little Anna Banana's 8th birthday! I can't believe it! Like all parent's say, it seems like just yesterday that she was born! I actually watched her come into the world through the reflection of the TV in the delivery room! It was a very pleasant birth, I slept through a lot of it. I remember Grandma Paula saying " I can't believe you can sleep through the contractions!" I had an epidural, I was feeling great!
When I first got to the hospital, I was saying I was having contractions, they hooked me up to a Non Stress Test machine and told me to push my little Jeopardy buttong each time I had a contraction, and eventually they told me I wasn't in labor at all, the machine wasn't registering anything! I think not! They moved me into another bed and found that the machine I was hooked up to was broken, so I HAD been having contractions! I knew what I was talking about!
Since I wasn't in real active labor, they send me to get something to eat, so my mom, Paula and I went to Denny's and Jeff went into work for a little while. While in Denny's my real active labor decided to show up. Guess pancakes does that to a gal! I insisted on going home to see Bradley one more time before he wasn't an only child. Auntie Angie was taking care of him!I gave him loves, I laid in bed with my blankey and didn't want to go anywhere till Jeff got home with me. He laid next to me while I was in pain and finally got me out of bed and into the car to go have a baby! I got to the hospital about 7pm or so with my entourage, Stephy, mom, Paula and Jeff. I had my epidural, slept, they broke my water, I pushed a little and had Anna at 12:34 am, not bad! :) She was 7 lbs, 14 oz and I think about 20 inches long(I never remember that part). She was little to me, and perfect! Daddy got to cut the cord, both grandma's were in love and Stephy had another baby to cuddle(and eventually take care of!).
I started my birthing experiences with Bradley, and even without any medication, I gave birth pretty well with him, the longest I've pushed was maybe 30 minutes. I hope Gabby is just as easy!
My little Sissy Pie, Anna Banana, Snuffy, Sissy Pissy...She's growing up so fast and is a real pistol most of the time, but we all love her to pieces!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment