So, I got a nasty illness in the beginning of December, which took me out of work for two weeks, which is a LONG time for me! I've missed a day or two here and there, but I felt like death warmed over. I went to an urgent care, my regular dr, I was struggling to breathe, congested, etc, and all I was told if I have a bacterial infection, then viral, then sinus infection, congestion, had a breathing treatment, inhaler, and nothing seemed to help, although the inhaler gave me a nice jittery crack head high for a couple hours, not as fun as it could be! :)
I was still sick at my OB appt in December, and Dr Z(who is the BEST OB eva!!) was livid that no doctor had fully taken care of me. He said "you're pregnant, sick with whatever and had asthma with your last pregnancy, how much more of a risk can you be??" I really didn't think it was all that serious. He sent me to an allergist, who was awesome, but like a porcupine on crack, very hyper, but very thorough and patient. I did blood work that showed allergies to some grass I've never heard of, given a breathing test on a computer to blow out some virtual candles and failed miserably. So, I was given an albuteral inhaler and given the test again, and passed the test. Well, I got a 70%, which is what my lungs were functioning at. Before, they were at 35%, so yeah, glad I went!!
I got 2 perscriptions, Albuterol and Pulmicort, which is just like breathing in powder, if you've ever done that sorta thing! Albuterol is a rescue inhaler, Pulmicort is preventative. After several days, nothing was working and I was panicked, called the allergist back and said this isn't working and his words to me were, "I'm comfortable with you taking the albuterol for a couple more weeks till the other one kicks in." Really? I'm glad you are ok with it, cuz I'm not! Albuterol hypes you up then you come crashing down like a bad sugar high, it's terrible.
So, I go back, get on Singulair, that doesn't work, so now, it's Advair, Singulair and Zopo something or other, max? Advair is a Pregnancy Class C medication which means it's not been proven to be safe for the baby, because not many pregnant women are willing to be the guinea pig for that study! Sure, see if this hurts my baby, or make him grow horns and webbed feet, what the hell?
I'm really hesitant to take the meds, so I'm still taking albuterol when I run out of breath, which happens after 2 sentences, and I can't avoid talking because well, you all know me! :)
The depression factor in this pregnancy is HUGE but I'm very proactive about it, I'm very vocal about it, you know me, you know my depression scale. I saw a new psychiatrist, who is awesome, and he doubled my Zoloft, which is another Preg Class C med, but I insist on taking that!
It seems as if I can't give myself time to heal or deal with a lot. I have to move out of my house that I've been in for almost 5 years, because I can't afford the rent, nor can I afford to move out, but what can I do? I'm really, really struggling, I even applied for Cash Aid and Food Stamps, and make $200 too much monthly. I'm trying things that I wouldn't usually do, but my kids to need to eat and have a roof over their head. This finincial stuff is actually harder for me to put out there than my mental health stuff. It's hard to say I can't survive paycheck to paycheck, I need subsidized housing, I need government help, etc,etc. I guess I do take pride in a lot, being able to provide for my children is huge for me and I can't! I'm doing my best, it may end up that the kids and I have to move out and live with a relative for a few months. On top of it, I have to find a home for Zephyr, our dog, and possibly my cats, which I'm very attached to, the dog not so much(until he's gone of course, then I'll be a wreck!)
Well, I feel better now that this is out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment